Amore. Sayang. Liebe.
Things to consider when getting married overseas...
An increasing number of Australian couples are bringing their own Celebrant to perform their ceremony when getting married overseas. There are practical, legal and financial positives to bringing in an Australian Celebrant to perform your ceremony.
- Becoming officially married under Foreign Marriage Laws can be an involved process, with potential difficulty to have the marriage recognised on return to Australia. It may also involve requirements that would not be necessary if being married in Australia (eg. Indonesian Marriage Law requires the recognition of a particular religion).
- Paperwork and the use of local celebrants can result in substantial additional fees. (commonly in excess of $1200AUD)
- It can be difficult to secure a local celebrant who can communicate clearly with your wedding party, and accommodate your personal requirements of the ceremony.
Why you should pack your celebrant with your sunscreen and sarongs...
Here's how we can make your wedding day an international success!
- Tell me to pack my passport and bathers. (I promise, no speedos) and lock your ceremony in.
- Complete all your legal marriage requirements before you jet off.
- Adjust to the humidity, have a cocktail, and relax before the most magical day.
- Experience the ceremony you've always wanted, in the location you've always dreamed of, with your nearest and dearest and an amazing celebrant (me!) who will deliver the goods.
- Return to Australia, and make your marriage official with a small, simple Ceremony (or another major celebration! - totally up to you!) , and all the necessary paperwork easily processed.
It's important to know, that an Australian Celebrant cannot perform the official wedding ceremony outside of Australia.
It really comes down to this... if the official paperwork is the reason you're bringing your family and friends together, and your heart is set on an international wedding... then you have to go through Foreign Marriage Law.
If the priority is to experience memorable experience for yourself, and those attending, where they can enjoy a ceremony that has been created to reflect the love that you have for each other... and the official paperwork is just the icing on the cake... then call me, and I'll be on a plane ready and waiting!